Your First Appointment
What should I bring to my appointment?
For your appointment, we ask that you please bring the following:
- Your GP referral letter
- X-rays, MRI scans, CT scans, ultrasound or other images you may have (and the imaging reports)
- Copies of operation records and medical records
- If you have seen a physiotherapist, please bring a progress letter from your physiotherapist.
- Medicare card
- Private health insurance details
- If you are a Workcover or TAC patient, please bring your claim number, case manager full name, contact details (including phone number, fax number and email address), date of accident and relevant documentation.
Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme
If you live in rural and regional Victoria, seeing a medical specialist can require a lot of travel and you may also require accommodation.
The Victorian Patient Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS) may provide financial help for costs involved. VPTAS provides financial subsidies to eligible patients living in rural and regional Victoria who need to travel long distances to access medical specialist services.
In order to receive a subsidy, you will need to complete a VPTAS claim form.